Mocha Affogato With Stovetop Espresso
A Tillamook Mocha Affogato (made with espresso perc’ed on a stovetop)
So far, the theme of our “Coffee Recipes” has been dessert. We will start adding non-dessert items soon, but this really isn’t going to change that theme… it was just too good to not post!
I’m a BIG fan of ice cream (not quite rivaling my coffee love… but definitely closer than most things). Coffee AND ice cream (the simplest definition of an affogato) is just a small mixture of heaven. Wikipedia describes an affogato as…
An affogato (Italian, “drowned”) is a coffee-based beverage. It usually takes the form of a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped with a shot of hot espresso.
This last friday, my wife, myself, and my kids had the pleasure of enjoying dinner at the house of one of our friends. After what could only be described as an amazingly delicious meal with homemade quiche, it was time for dessert. As friends, there was only one brand of coffee they were actually allowed to have in their home (I kid… but really).
- Tillamook Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Hershey’s Syrup
- Camano Island Coffee Roasters’ coffee (we used CICR decaf)
- Make a batch of stovetop “espresso”
- Scoop the Tillamook Vanilla Bean ice cream into a glass (note: when the coffee is added, the ice cream will melt so heap it on!)
- Drizzle the Hershey’s syrup on the ice cream.
- Pour the freshly brewed espresso over the ice cream.
- Enjoy with a big smile.
And there you have it… a delicious desert with great ice cream, awesome organic coffee, and chocolate – A Mocha Affogato!