Delicious Coffee Cookies – Perfect for dipping!
Who is Flakey Jake? We may never know. He is known, however, for these amazing coffee cookies!
We enjoyed a batch of these delicious mocha coffee cookies at the roasting facility yesterday (and some of us, at home). Not only are these cookies great on their own, they’re also great when dipped in a cup of coffee. Personally, I french pressed some Ethiopia Coffee and used these coffee cookies for dipping. It was a delicious, mouth-watering experience. I even ate a second but stopped myself short of a third and held off well for about an hour before giving in — again!
Scroll past the picture for the recipe!
Here’s the recipe.
- 1.5 cups margarine/butter (I recommend butter!)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla
- 1, 12oz. chocolate chips
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa
- 4 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. fine-ground coffee (we used Brazil medium roast)
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon then add to the above creamed mixture.
- Blend in cocoa, oats, and coffee.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill.
- Once chilled, bake at 375?F for 12-15 minutes (depending on size)
Enjoy – and watch you that you’d don’t get too addicted to a combination of these cookies and our great coffee!