The Sheaffer family is on a mission to help others, to grow closer as a family, and to make a difference in the world. In November, 2010, they began to sell and give away their possessions and prepare their family for one year of giving. Around the start of 2011, they packed up the family and the essentials, and left for a road trip around the country.
The Sheaffer’s believe that you don’t have to be rich to be able to give. They value their family, and together with their two daughters, they volunteer to help out wherever they are needed. They have found ways to give time, energy, support, and joy to people across the United States and have volunteered for over 50 organizations. They are currently travelling around the U.S. and volunteering to serve or give in any way they can!
The Sheaffers have been long time supporters of Camano Island Coffee Roasters, and we are excited to see the great work they continue to accomplish! They recently let us know that they posted a Camano Island Coffee sticker on their trailer and that they are helping to spread the word!
On their blog, the Sheaffer family gives a pledge of all the things they will do along the way! Here are some of the things they have already accomplished or are hoping to soon!
“We hereby pledge:
- To spend intimate, quantity time with our family.
- To actively help the poor, the sick, the lonely, and the helpless.
- To value, protect, and advocate for children.
- To de-emphasize the importance of “stuff” in our lives.
- To bring publicity to good causes and good people.
- To live with intentionality, as if this year was our very last.
- To observe the needs in our country/community – and then do something about them.
- To give – every day.”
Check out the great work that the Sheaffer family is doing across the U.S.!
Check out these links for more information:
- Give Every Day on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/givingeveryday
- Give Every Day’s Blog: http://www.giveeveryday.com
- Tim Sheaffer’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/timsheaffer/
- Stephanie Sheaffer’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/stephsday/
1 thought on “Fueling the “Give Every Day” Family”
Thanks for great coffee and for writing about Give Every Day. We can’t wait to visit CICR this Fall!