The Chemex might look more like a high school chemistry beaker, but trust us when we say this beauty will give you the smoothest cup of coffee.
6 Steps To The Perfect Chemex Coffee
- Step 1: Tap water will handicap your flavor, so only use filtered or spring water. Boil 8 cups of water for brewing.
- Step 2: Grind your beans medium-coarse. Place the Chemex Filter into the top of your Chemex, and use hot water to lightly rinse the filter. Pour out excess water from Chemex.
- Step 3: Add 8 TBSP of the ground coffee into the rinsed filter.
- Step 4: Begin pouring the water over the grounds in a circular pattern, until the water has barely covered the grounds. Let it bloom for 30 seconds, then continue to pour more water until you’ve used the full 8 cups.
- Step 5: Remove the filter from the Chemex.
- Step 6: Pour, and enjoy.